INTER-UNIVERSITY COUNCIL FOR EAST AFRICA
CALL FOR PUBLISHABLE MANUSCRIPTS
The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) is an Institution of the East African Community (EAC) responsible for human capacity and research development for supporting regional integration and socio-economic development. Support to universities is one of the strategic objectives of IUCEA as spelt out in its rolling Strategic Plans. One of the strategies to implement that role is to promote local authorship of textbooks and other academic materials to support research and teaching, and also to inform the general public on matters related to the East African Community (EAC). IUCEA is therefore issuing a call to staff from its member universities who may have relevant and ready manuscripts to submit them for possible publication.
The Call for Manuscripts
IUCEA invites submission of original manuscripts from individuals or multiple authors for evaluation and possible support for publication. Apart from exhibiting high scholarly quality and potential for use in the region as textbooks or source of critical information for the EAC, the manuscript should also fulfill the following criteria:
1. The lead author should be a citizen of any of the six (6) East African Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania or Uganda)
2. The manuscript must address a topic relevant to the teaching curricula or emerging issues in East Africa, as per the EAC priority (see www.eac.int).
3. The manuscript should be original and must not currently be in consideration for publication elsewhere.
4. The manuscript must not have been previously published elsewhere either in part or whole.
5. The manuscript must not contain copyrighted material except if there is explicit authorization to publish, including material published on the author’s own website.
6. There should be a summary/abstract of the manuscript of not more than two (2) pages, giving a short description of the text, rationale, focus, and key contribution; the targeted audience, and potential for use in East African higher education institutions.
7. Acknowledgement of contributions from other individuals or institutions other than the authors.
All submitted manuscripts will be peer-reviewed by expert committees, and will be evaluated on the basis of their innovation, quality of scholarship, and contribution to the relevant field. The following are important details regarding submission of manuscripts:
1. Deadline for submission of manuscripts is May 26th 2017.
2. Once articles pass through the full peer-review process, the authors will be notified of the peer-review decision in writing, along with any recommended changes necessary for publication or reconsideration by June 30th 2017.
3. IUCEA may fund the refining of the manuscript based on the review recommendations.
4. Successful authors will enter into a contract with IUCEA regarding the publication of their manuscripts.
© Copyright 2013 Inter-University Council for East Africa | All rights reserved by the Inter-University Council for East Africa