The “Centre of Excellence for ICT in East Africa” (CENIT@EA), a project of the East African Community (EAC) in cooperation with the German Government, invites you to a unique chance of acquiring digital skills and certificates from the state of the art eMobilis training curricula in Android Mobile Applications. CENIT@EA is a regional innovation hub providing skills for the digital transformation of East Africa. It is implemented by the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) together with an East African-German academic consortium, GIZ, and DAAD.
These training are offered free of charge as interactive online training for young job-seeking aspiring tech enthusiasts in the EAC with prior knowledge in ICT. Participants must be unemployed and job-seeking university graduates who can use this opportunity to increase their chances of employment.
Training will be provided for a maximum of 25 participants over 20 days (09:00 – 13:00) in each EAC Partner State. The following institutions have offered to provide their computer facilities for participants: Bujumbura International University, Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology, Uganda Management Institute, University of Kigali, eMobilis. In accordance with national COVID-19 regulations, participants can use, if allowed, the computer lab facilities of the institutions OR receive free data bundles. Find an overview of the training curricula, and the requirements for application here: www.cenit-ea.org/trainings
Dates of training (online or at the facility where allowed):
- Burundi: Bujumbura International University, Bujumbura, 12 Oct – 08.Nov 2020
- Tanzania: Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology, Arusha, 12 Oct – 08.Nov 2020
- Uganda: 09 Nov – 06 Dec 2020
- Rwanda: 09 Nov – 06 Dec 2020
- South Sudan: 11 Jan – 07. Feb 2021
- Kenya: 11 Jan – 07. Feb 2021
Don’t miss this chance and apply by 20 September 2020. In order to apply you have to:
- Fill out this questionnaire: https://bit.ly/2A82bgH
- Submit the following documents combined in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Motivation letter (max. 1 ½ pages)
Female applicants are highly encouraged
Here you can download the overview of android application development outlines and criteria